NAC are seeking a number of domestic appliance engineers across the UK to repair domestic appliances in our customer’s homes. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an expanding Nationwide Appliance Repair Company and the NAC brand.
The ideal candidate will be a competent white goods engineer who is experienced in fault finding with a range of appliances including:
- Washing Machines (Freestanding & Integrated)
- Tumble Dryers (Freestanding & Integrated)
- Refrigeration Products (Frost Free & American Style, Freestanding & Integrated) – R600 System Trained desirable but not essential
- Electric Cookers, Ovens & Hobs (Freestanding & Integrated)
- Dishwashers (Freestanding & Integrated)
- Gas Safe / CCN1 / CKR1 Desirable but not essential
We are looking for engineers who are self-reliant and responsible, able to manage their allocated work, stock of spare parts and service their area effectively. They will be able to demonstrate pride and effort in any task undertaken and will have excellent communication skills with bundles of enthusiasm.
- Closing date: Open
- Job type: Full-Time / Permanent
- Salary & benefits package: £28k pa Basic Salary + £4k pa Attendance Bonus (£32k before any overtime)
- Full CPD Accreditation upon joining
- Full uniform, Apple iPhone, specialist tools and PPE provided
- New or almost new Peugeot Expert / Ford Transit van with A/C and Apple Car Play
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 days plus bank holidays with length of service
- Regular incentives / bonuses
- Great team / social environment
- Opportunities to mentor trainee engineers (fully compensated)
- Fantastic opportunity to develop your skills to a great level in the multi-brand environment – Whether you want a job for life or you have ideas of going self employed, NAC is a great place to develop
- Annual tool-box talks and a fully expensed Christmas Party (including hotel stays)
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Applicants must have at least 1 years experience in repairing domestic appliances such as washing machines, dishwashers, cookers, tumble dryers and fridge freezers.
- You need to have the ability to manage an allocated workload and carry out repairs in accordance with instructions given.
- You must also be presentable and have excellent communication skills.
- All successful applicants will be DBS checked (basic level check) and need a valid UK Driving Licence with less than 6 penalty points.
- Visiting clients’ homes diagnosing and rectifying faults to all Domestic Appliances (Whitegoods).
- Achieving a Maximum of 10 Customer Visits per day, excluding recall repairs and administrative visits.
- Accurate visit and fault reporting using the ServiceMate job management system.
- Spare part identification.
- Payment Collection.
- Daily routing of Service Calls.
- Checking spare part deliveries daily and accurately reporting defects and missing parts.
- Able to work under pressure with a drive to meet daily deadlines.
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive and hard working with a positive attitude.
- Exceptionally high standards with meticulous attention to detail. Accuracy is a must.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build effective confident working relationships.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritise & respond quickly to the needs of the business
- Ability to make solid decisions quickly in a critical situation & solve problems.
- Ability to work accurately in a busy, demanding environment, whilst adhering to stringent deadlines.
- Be willing to try out new ways of working
- Display model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and cooperation
- Value and support team members
How to apply
Please start the module and completed the FSE assessment. You will then be prompted to fill out our application form. A member of the recruitment team will be in contact.